Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, September 5, 2012

NANA SAYS JUNIOR KINDERGARTEN STARTS IT ALL

As two of my grandsons both started Junior Kindergarten yesterday, I thought about how their school career has begun. In my day there was just one Kindergarten. Now Junior and Senior or JK or SK as they are called. Parents with hopes and dreams and lots of fears were common. Hoping your little "tyrant" will calm and fit into the school norm but be bright! Some parents even are thinking down the road to university and careers! As Nana, I was just hoping my little sweeties would get through the day, like their teacher and be excited enough to tell me about the new phase in their lives. Where they will be headed is not on my mind! My home will continue to provide learning opportunities, books, crafts and fun activities in the house and garden to be a support to parents and school. Of course, just love and encouragement and a listening ear as they are my grandchildren- like other grandparents- just proud and glad they are in my life! Grandpa feeds them! Food is important too! So here's to all the little JK kids out there and others who are advancing in their grades. Like my granddaughter now in Grade Two who was excited to be with her friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment