Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, September 9, 2012

THE SUMMER OF 2012 IS ENDING

And Fall is coming. While walking this morning, the crisp, cool air was a reminder of the last days of summer. Although almost two weeks to go, most people have summer finished already. For some reason, I am not minding the change. Usually a summer groupie, I can feel depressed with its conclusion! Not this year! Perhaps it is the planning to complete some projects, clean the messy parts of my house and prepare for an October guest! Or knowing like all the other seasons, it will roll around again! I am also trying to embrace whatever month it is as well as doing activities with meaning! I am dragging my husband to various locations so we can research ideas for his blog and mine. Plus lots of photographs! With the cooler temperatures, I found myself kniting yesterday trying to finish a simple vest for the cold days ahead! I even made some Grape jam for Adolph- his favourite! I am learning to stop and really take in what is around me in a peculiar way! I am also thinking about people who have left this world this year! How to honour the memories! And of course, have added the blankets back on the bed that were sidelined with the hot weather. Really it is just a month-September! But it brings that transition to the busy lives we all lead! Like the motors at the race track- rev your engines, it is time to start!

1 comment:

  1. I'll miss summer. Ours was way too hot for many outdoor activities. So, I'm making the most of the last days. We went to Beaudry every day this week while Marg had a 'staycation'. I netted numerous photos of insects, some of which I've already posted to my Flickr website. Now, I'm home alone with the mutts while Marg takes a week in NS with her sister and nieces.

    ReplyDelete