Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, September 19, 2012

NANA SAYS " YOU'RE A HAPPY PERSON MOM!"

Children observe who we are and know our faults and strengths better than anyone else. My daughters paid me a great compliment recently by saying- " You're a happy person Mom!" There are times that adversity occurs in all our lives but I present happy because I make the effort for myself, my husband and my children and of course now the little grandchildren to try to be happy. Not the woe is me or as the Italians would say Povera Me! Poor me! By enjoying the little moments in life and just being, I guess brings the happiness. Happiness does not happen to a person but comes from within! It is not the things we have or the great vacations, although they can contribute to the mix that brings happiness. So how did my children discover this about me! What did I do? I wish I could tell you so you can decide if you want to be a happy person. If there were descriptors of you as a parent or grandparent, what would you want it to be? There are children that find the grownups in their lives as  miserable people. Angry? Resentful? Victims? Who wants to be around them? My grandchildren will tell their parents they want to see their Nana and their Granpa if a time has passed without a visit. Is it because we are so happy to see them- making eye contact, smiling, saying their name and giving a favourite treat when appropriate- after a nutritional one first! So what would your children say about you? What word would they use? What word would you want them to use?

1 comment:

  1. “We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have” (Frederick Keonig).

    ReplyDelete