Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, September 23, 2012

A POSTCARD FROM QUEBEC CITY QUEBEC

With the start of the school year, it reminded me of a high school class trip I took in Grade 13 to Quebec City in 1969. So I looked for some postcards I bought.

The three top postcards from that time period. The church across the water is on I'lle d'Orleans where we took a bus tour. The church with the cars is Notre-Dame-des-Victoires built in 1688. I remember how excited we were as students to be in a Canadian church that was so old. There were two students who originated from England who were amused as by their standards it was not that old. Notice the cars in the parking lot- 60s vintage. The painting is from inside the church- Jesus runs across Saint Veronica by Boyermans(1577-1640)

My girls went on class trips to Quebec City too bringing home some postcards as souvenirs. It is a quaint, lovely city. Very similar to an Eurpean city, it draws tourists year round from Canada and the United States. It is close to Saint-Anne-De-Beaupre famous for skiing and religious retreats. Unfortunately where a famous movie star lost her life too.
If you want a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard.

1 comment:

  1. Every Canadian should visit this historic city. It's an important part of our cultural heritage.

    ReplyDelete