Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, September 14, 2012

THOUGHTS FROM A MID SEPTEMBER WEEK

It has been an interesting week. Why does our energy level go down with the start of school? Is it because we are busier than we think? Work has had its ups and downs. Families with issues and some sad cases kept me challenged clinically. Going to a Madonna concert in Toronto with my married daughters was fun on Wednesday. Coming home after midnight- catching the last subway train that turned at Eglinton so we needed to take the Shuttle bus to the Finch station to retrieve Natasha's car, getting home at 2 a.m. and managing to survive the next day on 4 hours of sleep was interesting! Of course, babysitting two grandchildren on Thursday night for a couple of hours then heading to bed for an early night helped to restore some needed REM sleep brought me to Friday! Where did the week go? The weather is holding with warm days and cool nights- ideal for sleeping! The trees are just starting to turn colours. The vegetable garden has a new surge of crops of beans and tomatoes! The frost has been kept at bay! I have all the summer pictures- 800 plus scrapbooked! Actually the photos go back to my grandson's B-Day in April! Natasha is right- I do take pictures of everything! So why do I feel a little sad? Are the events of the last few months catching up to me? Do the change of seasons and transitions have more of an effect than I care to admit? Am I looking down the road too much? Sometimes it is as if the other shoe will drop! Too much thinking and reflection! Perhaps I just need to grab my camera this weekend and begin the next round of photos! What do you think? How is your September going?

1 comment:

  1. “What i like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce” Karl Lagerfeld

    ReplyDelete