Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, September 20, 2012

IS YOUR HOME A CASTLE?

We all know a house is not a home. A house is just a structure with rooms, a roof and a basement. A home is where the heart is. It contains love, support and a place to be away from the world. It could be a one bedroom apartment, a large home or a castle on the hill. Home is often equated with family and the connection needed to feel safe. People get home sick if away in a foreign country. The feeling after a long work or school day- time to go home! It is a concept not a structure! Yet all the decorating shows dupe us into making our home better and worth more money. They are really talking about a house! Sometimes home is just a thought, an idea we carry in our hearts and thoughts. What do you think? Is your home your castle? Do you care how decorated it is? Is it your sanctuary from the world-clutter and all?

1 comment:

  1. As a retiree, my home is very important to me. I spend most of my time here. Although I wish it was always cleaner and tidier, it's okay. When company is coming, it does get cleaned and tidied very quickly. I wish the interior walls had a new coat of paint and the floors a new carpet but I can live with it the way it is. Everything that has to work does work, that's the main thing. There's no place like home.

    ReplyDelete