Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, August 20, 2012

DID YOU MISS YOUR FIFTEEN MINUTES OF FAME?

We are told everyone gets at least 15 minutes of fame. A special birthday, the lead role in the school play, an award at work, an article published that become routine in our lives. But what if that was it? Your 15 minutes! I often wonder what was mine! Did I relish it? Or did I miss it? I had a great readership going from another country on my blog for about 6 weeks. Really helped with my Stats! Then it's back to 1 or 2 reads from that country now weekly! So a light bulb goes off- was that my 15 minutes on my blog? Or like the famous line in the song- " you don't know what you've got til it's gone!" Some of us are lucky and have the odd 15 minutes periodically. We work hard and try new things to determine what road the effort will take. So is it luck that gives us the 15 minutes or hard work or a combination of both? Do we will really want fame or just some recognition to help our egos? Do some people get too much for doing too little? Have you had your 15 minutes? Do you even remember it? Or do you just keep plugging away and really do not care about fame? Or perhaps you really do not care? Well I think it took me 15 minutes to write this post! Hope someone reads it or maybe not. It is fun and discipline that keeps me going! Fame is greatly over rated anyway!

1 comment:

  1. "In the future, everyone will be famous for fifteen minutes", Andy Warhol, Andy Warhol's Exposures.

    A take-off of this saying, appropriate for bloggers, is "on the Web, everyone will be famous to fifteen people". This quote is said to have originated with the Scottish artist, Momus. The name, Momus, in turn, refers to the Greek god of mockery.



    ReplyDelete