Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, August 19, 2012

A POSTCARD FROM SPAIN

Rummaging through my postcard collection, I found these two cards from Spain.
I bought this postcard at an antique market years ago. This date seems to be 17 Fe 11. Feb. 17, 1911 which would make the card over 100 years old. Not sure what the 25 means.

My second card is from a friend.


The card reads- "Dear Barb, Having a fantastic holiday. Morocco is mysterious and ancient. Spain is lively and exciting. Portugal is still to come. Weather has been fairly good. It's great to be on holidays. Call you when we return. Sophie and Ed."
The postmark is 23 May, 1975. I had just finished my Masters of Social Work and had started my first job. The reason I tell you this information is I have no clue who Sophie and Ed were! Classmates? Workmates? Neighbours? Since the card is just addressed to me, not someone known to Adolph. However, it is a nice card with a picture Spanish stamp!
If you want a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment