Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, August 6, 2012

ST. JACOBS FARMERS' MARKET-KITCHENER-WATERLOO AREA

Capturing photos for my husband's blog- http://granpalovestocook.blogspot.com has been a fun activity. I have food pictures from many years that now can be used since he only starting blogging in January 2012. I am enjoying watching him enjoy all the activities that exploring food in various venues brings to our lives. St. Jacobs is a small community just west of Toronto in the Kitchener-Waterloo area. There is a blend of small city life and country living side by side with modern Canadians and the old Mennonite community. Cars and buggies with horses are seen on many roads.

The town has many trendy stores which I visited previously with freinds. Adolph and I concentrated on the Farmers' Market outside of town nestled amongst big box stores, an antique market and other modern businesses.

From the farm,


to the stall

at the market.

From the Bakery,


to many purchases, one of  the best parts of my day was enjoying the huge cinnamon bun made by two young Mennonite women at one of the small booths inside the market.

Reviewing the day with a hot coffee in hand it was quite delicious! My love of history has kicked in as well. I started some more research on the Mennonite community in Ontario. It could be the fodder for a post in the future!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to you attending and photographing more of your outings. Loved this series of shots about the farmer's markets. I find such markets fascinating.

    ReplyDelete