Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, August 3, 2012

TIME-FRIEND OR FOE?

We alll have the same twenty-four hours in a day! But how many times do we hear- " I would do that but I just don't have the time!"

There are time management consultants that help us jam more in our day. Prioritize! Organize! Declutter your life to make time! All great pieces of advice! However, if we really want to do something we will not only find the time but we make the time for it! It is very simple! Routines in our lives help us to get the necessary tasks done- for me- change the bed Saturday and two loads of laundry, Tuesday- garbage roundup, Wednesday-laundry catchup and try to vacuum the main floor twice weekly, etc. There are seasonal tasks like Spring and Fall cleaning. Let's face it those tasks are really boring at times but we do them because they need to be done. Making time for activities we love to do can also become a routine. Like writing a post every day for my Blog! It was very difficult in the beginning as my standards were higher. Now I sit and write every day! Like the ad- just do it! I know that sometimes the posts are better than others. I want to finish some knitting projects. Looking at them does not get them done. Putting them in my hands and knitting one row at a time does! Let's face it- we do not make time for things that we really do not interest us! So don't feel guilty that someone else does an activity more than you! Do we really need to cram more into our lives if we do not want to! What is wrong with living and doing less rather than more! Can we live with a little clutter? Probably! We will clean up if company is coming, won't we? I have written about time previously and used my clock picture. Each clock is different-just like we are! So is time your friend or foe!

2 comments:

  1. A good reminder: move at a comfortable speed. All those 'things to do' will still be there tomorrow. Life is not a race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here's a timely quote: "Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein” (H. Jackson Brown, Jr.).

    ReplyDelete