Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, August 12, 2012

A POSTCARD FROM CAPRI ITALY!

On our trip to Italy, September 1997, Adolph and I took a bus tour to the Naples-Campania area of central Italy.

Our tour was late getting to Naples from Rome due to some people being 45 minutes late arriving for it! We had to run for the boat that took us to the Island of Capri across from Sorrento. While on the boat the tour guide pointed to the road on the side of the cliffs and said that is where we are going. Great- I thought! I do not like heights much or sides of cliffs!


We went in small boats on arrival at Capri to go to the Blue Grotto- a small cave. All the guys sang Napolitana songs to us. Some of the tourists found it quaint. As for me, after years of Italian dinner/dances/weddings where I had heard the songs  so many times it was "old hat"! You can see some of it in the first selection of postcards-Saluti da Capri!

Rushing off the boats to our little mini-van that was taking us to the top of the area, we were jammed like sardines. Everyone gets in then seats are turned down in the aisles and no seatbelts. One thing I remember as we are trying to see out the windows is the humour of the tour guide. " Last week, just think, it was possible one of the vans went over the cliff- ha ha ha!" He said he was joking and everyone but me laughed! The driver was taking the corners a little too quickly for my liking!
Capri was quite beautiful but I would not suggest the rushed tour we had. Go on your own and at your own pace. It would be worth an overnight stay. Do you like the liquore Limoncello? This is where it is made!
If you want a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard!

1 comment: