Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, March 9, 2012

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR

Or pray for. I remember a fellow colleague who hated the boss and was so glad when the person was let go. I looked at her and said be careful what you ask for! She was perplexed! Sometimes and often you get what you asked for but not what you wanted. What do I mean! Well the boss that was let go was actually better than the next boss. She was so intent on wanting the one person to go that she did not even think she could get a worse boss. If you pray for a miracle, save my loved one's life! Did you mean at any cost? Many years ago, I was counselling a family member who had prayed for just that. Her father was in a coma, indefinitely. She questioned, why did I ask for the miracle. This is not my father anymore. She received what she prayed for. Often we really do not have control over many events in our lives. Irrational, impulsive thinking and requests can get us results that were not what we really wanted! You want the richest husband. Did you mean the man who was never home and always at the office? You want the smartest child. Did you mean the child that can not make friends but is the smartest? The list could go on. Can we ask for guidance to make the right choices for us? Can we ask for patience and understanding? Have you ever regretted asking for something and it is exactly what you received but not what you needed or wanted?

No comments:

Post a Comment