Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, March 4, 2012

A POSTCARD FROM LA FONTANA DI TREVI

Being married to an Italian born Canadian has its advantages. I have had three trips to Italy. Both my girls have visited the country. In 1995, Natasha went on a trip after High School with her friend Ami.
She wrote her grandparents in Westbank BC a beautiful postcard.

" Dear Nana & Grandpa- My friend Ami and I are having a great time in Italy, I love it here. Everything is so different and the scenery is beautiful. I am picking up the language pretty quickly and I understand a lot more. I will tell you everything when I get home. Love Always, Natasha"

One of my favourite memories in Rome for the first time was drinking one of those little bottles of wine with a pannini sandwiches sitting by the Trevi Fountain in 1991. Many movies that include Rome in their story have pictures by the fountain. That sweet little movie- Three Coins in the Fountain was based on the wishes people make when tossing a coin in the fountain. It is such a beautiful place and a must see for anyone who visits Rome. If you could toss a coin what would your wish be?

If you want a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard.

1 comment: