Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, March 20, 2012

WELCOME SPRING! AND THE ROADSIDE FINDS!

Well it is officially here. I could hear the birds singing in the trees as I put out the garbage. Speaking about garbage, there must have been lots of spring cleaning as the number of items from small appliances to pieces of furniture were at the curbs of many houses on my street. I even found a small children's shelf to use for my grandchildren. So have you ever gone "curb diving" as opposed to dumpster diving! Many years ago on "big trash day", I retrieved a blanket box and hall table. Very dirty, full of grease, paint but with some hard work and steel wool, cleaned them up and now are two of my favourite pieces of furniture in my home. Of course with the need to downsize in the future, I resisted some of the other items at the curb-just the little shelf. Realistically, I do not have a little truck to haul anything anyway. A few years ago, I put an old ping pong table with net and paddles at the curb. My daughter and I had a real laugh watching so many people stop to try and get it into their cars. Eventually the right SUV came along and hauled it away. Curb finds are fun! Never hurts to look! Well admit it- have you ever found something useful at the curb?

1 comment:

  1. We have two days a year to put stuff at the curb and mark it 'free'. It is usually all hauled away. I think some people just collect the stuff for their garage sales. Others find it useful for their homes. As long as it is re-used by someone, it stays out of the landfill. That;s a good thing.

    ReplyDelete