Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, March 18, 2012

A POSTCARD FROM BARCELONA SPAIN

While tidying my folks' home with other family members,  I discovered many cards, letters and of course- postcards. What a delight to have a whole new supply and messages to share with readers. Mom and Dad attended many churches over the years and were friends with pastors and missionaries. This card from the beautiful city of Barcelona reflects one such friendship.

June 23/99
Our thoughts were with you even as we enjoy Spain. Spent 5 days in Madrid seeing much of the city. Gordon took sick to his stomach and unable to eat on Friday night, Saturday &, Sunday. He was supposed to speak at the church on Sunday. However, Dick prepared a message on Saturday &, spoke on Sunday with an interpreter! We left Madrid on Tuesday and we are in Barcelona. It's a beautiful city and a very old city with lovely buildings, cathedrals, great sea-shore and many interesting things to see. Hope you're feeling much better Maisie & your back is healing. Love to you both. Dick & Doris"

Spain with its rich history and culture is sure a wonderful place to see. Sonya was in Spain at the end of her High School years with a group of friends. It was home to the Olympics years ago.

If you want a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment