Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, March 17, 2012

ST PATRICK'S DAY EVEN FOR THE LITTLE IRISH

There are many Irish descendants in the world. Actually more than actually live in Ireland today. In my family we have about 3/8 Irish roots in our Canadian heritage. Irish are one of the main groups in Canadian history. Their perserverance and hard work founded our country. In the Toronto harbour there is a small Irish park honouring those who came to the city and died from illness on their many journeys in the 1840s to find a new life in Canada. As you raise your glass of "green beer' today, says cheers to the Irish!

1 comment:

  1. When Marg and I went to the closing show of Two and two-thirds Men last night, I saw some young people drinking green beer at the associated tavern while they were listening to some men playing the Irish bagpipes. I almost wished I could have joined them instead of going in to the show dinner theatre. There certainly were lots of SPD parties going on in Winnipeg last night.

    ReplyDelete