Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, August 26, 2011

YES, CAN I HELP YOU


The service industry has many different people who provide- well a service. To greet someone with a smile and an implied interest helps the situation. Sometimes we have all had the glum person who is on the phone, chewing gum or just acting as if we are just an inconvenience and he/she is doing us a favour by waiting on us. When I encounter such people, I usually stop, give a smile, ask how are you doing with enthusiasm then ask my question. It is hard to be happy all the time but during a work day, greeting customers with a polite hello does not hurt. And as a customer to greet the service person with manners is a given! Can I help you, she says with a smile?

1 comment:

  1. Nice photo, Barb.

    Your attitude is commendable. I usually get asked several times if someone can help me when I don't need any help and can never find a staff member when I do need help.

    ReplyDelete