Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, August 14, 2011

A POSTCARD FROM MUNICH, GERMANY

My daughter studied in Italy in 2001 for 4 months. During one of her weekends she and a group of students took the train to Munich for the real Octoberfest.  While there she wrote us a postcard.
October 6/01
"Hi Family! I am having an incredible time here in Munich. The Octoberfest festivities were quite an experience. My friends and I also went on a really cool hike tour of the city. Munich is so much more beautiful than I had imagined. Today we will go to Dacau-one of the first concentration camps of WWII. It will be a heartbreaking, yet enriching experience. I hope everything is well back home. I miss you all & love you very much. Sonya XOXOXO " There is an Italian stamp as Sonya sent it when she returned to Milan.
Germany does have such a rich history and culture. The postcard features the Church of the Theatines (1675).
Have you been to Germany? I would love to go one day and take a cruise down the Rhine to visit historic sites as well as tour the wine country. There are so many good wines especially the white ones- Reisling, Blue Nun, to name a couple- that I love.
If you want a postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send me a postcard.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an interesting place to visit, after Ireland, Scotland, and Norway.

    Ellie used to tall me how much he enjoyed the Munich area and the fine white wines of the region.

    ReplyDelete