Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, August 5, 2011

A VIEW FROM THE PLANE

I always love to sit by the window when I fly anywhere. I spend a great portion of any trip looking out the window. To see the earth from the sky gives a humbling experience. On a recent flight across Canada, the prairies and mountain range- The Rockies- always cease to amaze me. The neat patterns of the farms that bring food to our nation- one of our many food baskets. The time over the mountains- seeing the range of them- majestic, awesome. Not bad for a bunch of rocks! Then the decent into the Kelowna airport. Such a difference from Toronto with dozens of gates to depart- Kelowna has two! Seeing the vineyards from the air reminds me of the great wines that are offered from that region. Do you like to fly? Have you ever seen your house from the air? Once in my teens returning from the west, we flew right over our house and it was so neat to see my home area- house, school, streets from the air! How about you? Do you have a favourite place you have seen from the air.

1 comment:

  1. Seeing the snow-capped mountains from a plane, especially after coming from the prairies, is always a thrill.

    When I was City Entomologist, I could go up in a helicopter over the city any time that I wanted. We called them survey flights. It was neat to fly low over my own home. Nothing but a bubble of plastic around us. But, I had a couple of close calls when we had to put down quickly because of mechanical problems. It lost its charm after that.

    ReplyDelete