Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, August 7, 2011

A POSTCARD FROM NEW BRUNSWICK

New Brunswick has been the home to one of my brothers, Reed for many decades. Many family members have visited the province and find its beauty comparable to the other Maritime provinces.
The Hopewell Rocks, the Tidal Bore in Moncton are just a couple of the many sites to see.

Of course, the many lighthouses throughout the province.
During my last trip there, 2000, when Adolph and I attended the wedding of our niece Kathryn and husband, Jim, we were welcomed with wonderful Acadian hospitality and found the friendliness of the people endearing.
Although I have not received a postcard from there, I did buy several to add to my collection.


I love the old postcard of Main Street looking east in Moncton. I wonder what year it is as the cars are rather old. Have you had a visit to New Brunswick? I know during September 11th, 2001, many planes were grounded in Moncton and the people remember the warmth provided by the locals during a world crisis until they could fly home. Tell me your Maritime story!
If you want your postcard featured here, email me at abdm@rogers.com and I will send you my address so you can send a postcard to me.

1 comment:

  1. well, if that post doesn't get Reed and family mailing you postcards from NB, nothing will!

    ReplyDelete