Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, March 31, 2011

LOG CABIN QUILT


Design is one of my favourite quilt patterns. I made the quilt wall hanging years ago. Due to many washings it is starting to fade. Taking a creative step can be hard for many people. It is easy to go to a store and buy a factory made product. The art of hand work is very pleasing. Lately my sewing machine has lay dormant due to other projects. There was a time that many small projects such as cushions, doll blankets, christmas decorations could be made using quilt patterns. I feel the urge to create a new quilt project. Beautiful quilts by crafters are such art works. Do you have quilts in your life? Have you ever made one or even a small square with a design? Quilts are part of our culture. The quilters perform a service to the cultural community. There could be a corner of your home that could benefit from a quilted article. If you do not want to make one then maybe buy something and keep the tradition alive!

1 comment: