Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, March 27, 2011

DO YOU LIKE GARLIC?

We use garlic in many dishes. Named Allium Sativum, it is a member of the Onion family. Perhaps that's why one can have garlic and onion breath!! It is grown globally with the largest crops in China. Garlic bread, shrimps sauted with garlic or added to my bread stuffing for the turkey it adds flavour to food. There are theories stating it has medicinal purposes helping the body. Some myths say garlic fends off vampires- if you actually believe in vampires! Adolph uses it in many veggie dishes and roasts he cooks. Do you like garlic? Do you use it in your dishes?

1 comment:

  1. I'm very much a fan of garlic. Like Adolph, I use it in a lot of my dishes. Once in a while, I get carried away and, maybe, 'over do it', but I don't get any complaints. Because I heard it can assist in managing high cholesterol levels, I like to use it wherever I can. Coffee and wine reportedly also have health benefits (when used in moderation).

    ReplyDelete