Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A GOOD MEAT SAUCE

With some homemade pasta is a meal in itself! The smell of a sauce simmering for several hours brings such an aroma to a home. Prepackaged foods are useful for a quick meal but taking the time to cook from stratch, allows food to be enjoyed differently.
My husband Adolph is a cook, not a chef. Coming home to a house where a meal is in progress creates an immediate sense of relaxation. Of course I do the cleaning of the kitchen after dinner. A bond is created when the work around meals is shared. Do you do the cooking? Or does someone else in your home carry the task of meal preparation? I cook on the weekends to give Adolph a break or sometimes we order takeout. Some couples take turns with the household tasks while other divide the load. Unfortunately,the majority of women do more in the home. Are you a couple that share tasks? Or does the woman in your home still carry the load? Adolph cooks- if only I could get him to vacuum!!!

1 comment:

  1. Boy, this looks good. I can almost taste this sauce. Similar situation of culinary sharing in our household. Except, I also usually do the vacuuming!

    ReplyDelete