Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, January 13, 2011

IT'S COLD OUTSIDE


Since I started to walk to and from work all year round, the seasonal changes do not bother me anymore. By spending 20 minutes outdoors each way, it really is not a long time to be outside and is actually refreshing. What surprises me is the whining this time of year about how cold it is! It's winter in Canada and it is supposed to be cold. Some people work outside for hours every day. Sports enthusiasts will spend time on ski slopes, outdoor rinks skating or even jogging for hours. Then why do so many complain about their little run from their car to a heated building. My grandchildren are learning to enjoy the winter activities. They want to be outside. I remember as a little girl loving to have snow. Wanting to go skating. Enjoying the family outings tobogganing with a thermos of hot chocolate and cookies as the snack. So when does it change that winter becomes a drag! For years when I had to drive in bad weather, I really hated it too! Then I decided it is a season that comes around every year. By venturing into it, it does seem to go faster. Actually walking in snow or outside in the cold does burn more calories! Are you one of those whiners- it's cold outside!

1 comment: