Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, January 7, 2011

JANUARY CELEBRATIONS


For many of us January brings the blahs after the festive season. In our family there are several birthdays, an anniversary and I always take a vacation week to break up the month. Many individuals spend time attending movies, scrapbooking, updating the little projects in their lives , going on Southern Beach vacations or just reading those good books sitting on a table. It is also a time many people can become depressed with the long nights and the urge to stay indoors. Reaching out to others and staying connected can help with the monotony of the long winter months. Have a celebrate winter party! Go to a winter festival! Be like a little child and take a slide down a hill- laughing like a little child! If you are Scottish, January 25th is Robbie Burns day- celebrate it! Do you have any January routines, celebrations? Tell me about them. Happy January and Happy Birthday to my hubbie!!

1 comment:

  1. Adolph's birthday today ... yours on the 22nd ... Margaret's and Matthew's (my grand-son) on the 25th ... being Irish, I don't suppose she celebrates Robbie Burns Day ...

    ReplyDelete