Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, November 7, 2010

WEAR YOUR POPPY PROUDLY


We wear the poppy to remember those who served our country and those who are serving now. Do we realize 152 have died in the mission in Afghanistan? Young men and women serving their country. Let us also reflect on those who have been injured and urge the VA to provide proper compensation to those individuals. My grandfather Ernie Ellis served in World War I. My Dad served in World War II along with other members of my family and family friends. My niece's husband Jim served twice in Afghanistan. Thank you to all who have been dedicated to protecting our freedoms and helping others in the world. Do you know someone who served for our country? Will you stop and reflect on what that sacrifice means?

3 comments:

  1. sacrifice for world peace is commendable, unfortunately, is the highest number of soldiers killed in the name of this noble sentiment, but my country is engaged in Afghanistan a few weeks ago and died four alpine pray together for all dead soldiers on a peacekeeping mission

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a child, our family was poor and did all sorts of things to earn a little extra money to put food on the table. That included making poppies. Using the provided bent pin, a small circle of dark felt, and the red poppy, we assembled thousands of these poppies at the kitchen table. I think we were paid a penny a piece for them by the supplier. Everyone, no matter how careful, ended up with countless pin pricks in their fingers after a few days of this work.

    ReplyDelete