Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, November 4, 2010

ANTIQUES- THAT FUNCTIONAL INVESTMENT


Antiques never lose their value. I have several pieces in my home that I have enjoyed for many years. The pieces all have a story and were bought in various locations. My beautiful kitchen buffet from butternut wood. My dining room set- Honduras Mahogany. Several tables of pine wood. These pieces are mixed with modern ones. Life is like that- the old with the new. Mix and match. Not necessary to like just one style. Each of my rooms have different themes- from Canadiana to African to the basement with Canadian clutter- is it a style- well it works for me. Do you like antiques- things that are old with a story behind them. I even collect telephone insulators and have a purple one. My cousin Roy wrote an interesting blog on insulators. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I like your taste in woods and furnishings! Some fine furniture has been made with those types of wood. BTW, nice picture!

    ReplyDelete