Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, November 14, 2010

AN HOUR AT THE MALL

Ater completing some errands, decided to go to a Department Store for the specials I wanted. The store did not open for another half hour so went to a coffee bar- ordered a coffee and a small muffin. Rarely do I sit and drink a coffee in the Mall ( Hillcrest Mall- Richmond Hill). The other night on Grey's Anatomy, one scene had two doctors at the Mall and commenting on the "Mall People". So today I observed some Mall People. I have always liked to people watch as it helps to establish good observation skills and to be aware of the environment. The ladies that run the Coffee Bar have some regular customers that sat at the tables and chairs where I was located. There are the Mall walkers. Some walked briskly, some saunter along while two ladies walked in the opposite direction. Some people are very intense with their arm gadgets that measure their heart rate. In Canada, malls are great places to walk in bad weather, do not need to worry about the cold or falling on the ice. Some people were annoyed the Mall was not open yet. Actually most of us should have been at church. It was good to sit and observe, write some notes for about four blogs to come. However, it was one of the longest half hours I have spent. Then another half hour to shop then home. I know now why I am not a Mall person, just a shopper. I would rather be doing other things. When I shop, I have a list, may do some window shopping or browsing in stores but usually with a short time limit to be done quickly. Are you a Mall person or shopper? Do you even like Malls? The small ones do not have the selection whereas the larger ones have greater variety but it takes longer to find your car. What are your thoughts? The malls are very pretty on special occasions especially the Christmas Season. In a modern world can not live without them!

1 comment:

  1. I have mixed feelings about malls. Convenient to shop at several places at once, if you can go when the mall isn't too busy. Terrible, if you have to shop when the parking lots and stores are jammed with cars and people. Good for mall-walking and people-watching, of course. Like you, I'm not a shopaholic and I tend to go only when I have to and with a specific purpose in mind. Most often, it's to go to my favorite independent bookstore. I'm certainly glad I don't have any Christmas shopping left to do.

    ReplyDelete