Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, November 3, 2010

FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED

The creative process is a fun one to have. Mentioning to my cousin Roy, that the idea is easy but actually starting, and finishing a project is the work. Ideas are cheap and good to have. One idea can lead to another which leads to the piece of work needing to be done. Writing takes many drafts for me. One genealogical writing project I have been methodically doing is taking longer than I wanted. Every time I think yes I have enough information, another idea of what can be added comes along and more research is needed. The question I have - do I just write it for me and my immediate family or do I include others thus increasing the potential readership. I am obviously opting for the second choice which has extended the project. Anyone that writes- articles, poetry, stories has a collection that no one has read. There is the satisfaction that the writing occurred or is it satisfaction. Perhaps a venue to share has not existed previously. Some of my blogs have been laying dormant until the decision to share with the world occurred. For me blogging has become the venue to dust off many literary ideas and take a chance of sharing. Have you had written projects laying dormant? What have you done to share with the world? Are you trying to finish what you started?

4 comments:

  1. Ever thought of starting a separate family history blog? Could be a venue for articles on grand-parents, great-parents, etc.; hints to others on researching their family history; building on other people's research; suggestions on software to use; etc., etc., etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good idea. I'll add it to my writing to do list. Trying to get the one paternal line big project finished- about 100 pages before I will tackle other family lines- like ours which actually has lots of information. I have the huge package you sent me years ago on you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... the problem(?) with family trees is that they keep growing ... continually changing at the tips of the branches ... maybe, i need to send you a few updated twigs?

    ReplyDelete