Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Wednesday, November 17, 2010

SUNRISE-A NEW DAY


Every day brings us a chance to renew. My morning ritual includes a quick prayer facing east where the sun rises to thank God for this day and my blessings- and yes I always have some requests. How do you begin the day? If we start with quiet energy and reflect on what we need to do then we can gear up for all the challenges ahead. Mornings with little children are always hectic but memories are made with all the little joys and sayings they give us. Having a job has great meaning especially if you have ever been unemployed. Monday mornings have a different slant! The goodbye kiss, the heating of the car, remembering the lunch and the to do list for the errands on the way home. If we stop and think about the day, we can try not to rush our lives away. Put positive thoughts and activities in place. One of my rituals is a noon hour touch base phone call with my husband. No, I do not constantly text or check emails as I want a life! I do not not plug in earphones as I want to hear the world around me! What are your rituals? Daily habits that bring meaning to your life? How do you stop and take in the world around you?

1 comment:

  1. My morning ritual is to bounce along the walls into the kitchen to make my first cup of coffee. My prayers are answered if there is coffee and milk available (funny, there always is). I then try to get to my office without spilling my cup and check your blog for the latest posting. Then, it's on to Facebook, Flickriver, my Flickr page, and so on (by which time, I've made another cup or two of life-giving caffiene. Usually, by then, Margaret has stopped by briefly on her way to work to say hello and to ensure I'm okay. We discuss any special plans for the day and evening and then begin our days. Rituals are good: they add that little extra stability to our everyday lives.

    ReplyDelete