Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, November 19, 2010

HAPPINESS IS

Happiness is a relative concept. What can make one person happy might be very boring to another. We are told money can't buy happiness but we all keep buying lottery tickets or look for the next great invention to collect royalities. Happy people chose to be happy no matter what life brings them. Yes there are times of sadness, worry or accepting unfortunate circumstances. A work mate recently told a new staff- when you're here for more than six months you will not be smiling anymore. So our happiness is dependent on other circumstances or is it. When we take responsibility for our own feelings, it can make a difference in our lives. Events do come to us that give us choices to make. Those choices can be so difficult. I like to put on my game face to the world. For example, I walk through the door at work and act as if I really love to be there- good mornings, how are you, look at the floor worksheets and try to assess what needs to be. Then it happens, I really love to be there- 8 hours is manageable if the attitude is right. I believe the people I encounter deserve my positive approach to life. Sure there are days, I am glad it's time to go home. Fridays always bring the end of the week relief. Honestly, I do not have to like everything that comes my way but I can make choices how I deal with it. What do you put in your life that brings happiness? Would you describe yourself as a happy person? Or are you the one that has to see the negative side to everything? Do you blame other people or events for your unhappiness? Are you the one that walks into a room and brings the light or joy? Happiness is...... is a favourite quote of my cousin. Thought it would be good to link our blogs.

2 comments:

  1. Happiness is ... recognizing and enjoying the good moments that come to you every day. One of my favorite quotations about happiness is by Denis Waitley, a motivational speaker and author: "Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude".

    ReplyDelete