Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, May 5, 2022

YONGE STREET IMAGES IN RICHMOND HILL


Yonge Street was created in the 1790s by Lord Simcoe.
Richmond Hill was one of the many locations on its journey from the south in Toronto going north.
As a resident of the area for many decades. Moved here in 1962 with my family until my marriage in 1971.
Then built our house on Addison Street in 1986. 
So by 2022 I have seen many changes along the street.




Standing on the back porch of 14 May Avenue in 1983, the field along Yonge Street is visible. The church towers can be seen in the distance. Our house was built in the back of the property that we bought.




View from hill at library. Yonge and Harding.
Pathway from library to Yonge and Major Mackenzie
Central Library at Yonge and Major Mackenzie.


 



Yonge  and Harding Blvd.

Yonge looking north. Canadian flags on hydro poles.
Banners communities in blooms.




Years of construction for the YRT transit!!








I have been searching my photo database for more photos of Yonge Street in Richmond Hill.
Decided to post this segment today.
I do want to write a more progressive story on Yonge Street in the Hill.
#yongestreetinrichmondhill#yongestreetimages#yongestreetduringconstructionofyrttransit#yongestreetnowandthen#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro


No comments:

Post a Comment