Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, May 15, 2022

WAIKIKI 51 YEARS LATER

 I love all the shows on TV that feature Hawaii.

Adolph and I honeymooned in Hawaii May 16 to May 26 1971.

Photos on our brownie camera. 

Stayed on Oahu at a cheap economy hotel. Could cook our own food if we wanted.

Met two ladies on the beach that I sent cards for a good 40 years. Dorothy and Marge. Dorothy from Victoria BC and Marge from Portland Oregon. They took our only couple picture on the beach.

Kuhio Beach, Waikiki.


Always loved this vintage photo from 1910 I bought in a photo album.

I bought this large postcard on our Honeymoon.



The amount of hotels was evident. The photo was from 1970.


This vintage photo shows the beach less cluttered with a historic hotel.


Oh the memories of Hawaii. With my new husband! Do I have a bucket list dream? Yes to take my family there on a family vacay!!

#memoriesofwaikiki#hawaiiin1971#rememberinghawaii1971#honeymooninginhawaii#postcardsfromhawaii#1910hawaii#1910waikikibeach#diamondheadin1971#goodmememoriesofwaikiki#doyoulovethephotosofhawaii#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro



No comments:

Post a Comment