Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, May 17, 2022

WHAT IS THE BEST LONG TERM INVESTMENT? FAMILY!!

 I find watching business advice and shows a bit disconcerting at times.

Saw an article what are the best long term investments?

Of course people think money and companies and interest rates.

The first word that came to my mind was family.

Yes I do agree that savings and stocks and GICs and Mutual Funds and whatever gives financial peace of mind is very important.

But some of the richest people are the saddest. But they have money. Yes money can buy happiness. People like to be around rich people and will tell them all they want to hear. So rich people with money will be happier. A fact of life.

For me the investment I made with my children, family, friends, business acquaintances have brought me more joy.

Pensions allow me a frugal existence which is fine. My needs are manageable.

But my family gives me purpose. Knowing the support is there for me. I can give support to them. Knowing that if needed I will not be alone.

I know not all families are good. There can be problems. There can be estrangements for justifiable reasons. Divorce can do it!

So for me the best long term investment has been my family. The ones who live closest to me and extended family and some of Adolph's family. Then of course some friends are like family too.


So able to stand alone but know there are people ready to be availabe.

#familyisthebestinvestment#havingfamilycanbebetterthanmoneysometimes#lovingfamilyhelpswithlife#savingsstocksmutualfundsaregoodbutalsoinvestinfamily#familyandfriendsarethebestinvestment#moneydoesbuyhappiness#richpeoplecanbuyhappiness#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment