Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, May 31, 2021

WEARING ORANGE IN SOLIDARITY TODAY

 #everychildmatters

There is not much I can say or pontificate or render feelings.

Today is not about me. It is about remembering the lost souls of the 215.

Yes other residential schools should be investigated too.

But be aware there are mass graves at Mental Institutions, orphanages and other facilities that existed throughout our history.

It is always important to have a record of who died and is buried.

Honouring all people so families know where they were laid to rest.



We all must be careful of how we relate to people who have experienced trauma. 

Those survivors of the residential school system must be treated with dignity around this news.

For me, wearing orange. Put my teddy bear outside my door on the porch. I am ready to listen to the stories and not have my opinion.

The story does not belong to me. 

#everychildmatters#wearingorangeinsolidarity#listeningtothestories#beingrespectfulofthetraumastories#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment