Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, May 29, 2021

BARB'S GENEALOGYY TIDBITS-NEXT WEEK IS GENEALOGY WEEK FOR ME

 As May ends, June will begin with a bang of genealogy events.

Several branches where I have a membership have meetings in the evening via ZOOM of course.

Ontario Ancestors  ( Ontario Genealogical Society) Annual Conference is being held June 5 and 6th.

June 4th is Ancestry Day with discussions about what they have to offer. I chose to buy a subscription to FIND MY PAST so could consider if Ancestry would help my research.

I signed up for the Conference the beginning of April. Anyone interested can still sign up for the Virtual Conference.

I have only attended one live Conference when it was in Toronto in 2016. It was so amazing to be with others so interested in Family History.

Last year due to COVID it was Virtual. I would not have attended in person so the virtual conference was so conducive to my needs.

ZOOM has allowed for so many people to continue to function and have meetings in the genealogy world. 

So anticipating that I will learn something new as well as find online sites for further research. 

However as most of you who know me, know that my main focus has been writing up those family stories with photos for family. The stories have too many personal details so are not posted to online sites.

Some can be rewritten in shorter versions with the basic facts connected to them. I have been informed that people like reading my Genealogy Tidbits.

Organizing my desktop with the many meetings is my goal over the weekend so next week can be clear sailing.

Hopefully there will be lots of fodder for further genealogy posts to my readers.

#genealogytidbits#barb'sgenealogytidbits#genealogyconferenceonline#attendinggenealogymeetingsonline#virtualisokaybutIlookforwardtoinpersonmeetingsagain#findmypast#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment