Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, May 16, 2021

NANA SAYS A CHILD'S POEM WARMS THE HEART

 My grandson had an assignment for school. Grade 7. They had to write a poem about their pandemic experiences. So this is what he wrote.


GOODBYE GRANDPA

Was in my basement one day

Watching my friends play

Heard a scream from upstairs

Kinda got jump scared

Did not know what to do

Felt like I had the flu

Knew something was wrong

So I went up the stairs 

Heard my Nana on the phone

Did not feel true

But I knew

My heart stopped

I loved him so much 

It was his time

My sweet old Grandpa

The last thing I could do

Was say goodbye to you


Damiano- May 9, 2021

Copyright 2021

#a child's poem#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment