Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Saturday, May 29, 2021

KAMLOOPS SITUATION BREAKS THE HEART

 Hearing about 215 souls discovered at a previous residential school in Kamloops is initially shocking.

Then it tugs at the heart and soul.

For those that survived the school there are no words that could rely how Canadians feel about it. One does not want to give a trite response.

I feel sad.

But I feel ashamed that anyone needed to experience what the students experienced.

I want to say something profound. There are no words.

I want to send some message of condolence to the people who survived.

I want to send hope to families of those sweet souls that maybe they will know finally what happened and where their little ones remains are resting.

Not my children or families but children and families of us all. One lost child is everyone's lost child.



So reaching out with love, support and the question- what can I do? How can I help?

Acknowledging it is Canada's legacy and history to make sure it never happens again.

Will reaching out to those in the First Nations Communities be a start?

Hopefully there will be a proper marker with names if possible. A place to visit and remember those children. A permanent reminder for all to see and remember.

#kamloopsresidentialschool#remembering215lostsouls#childrenwhodiedatresidentialschools#aproperburialplaceforthosechilldren#reachingouttothefirstnationscommunities#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro

No comments:

Post a Comment