Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, September 3, 2019

BOOMER BARBARA ROCKS RETIREMENT- MEMORIES OF FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

The first day of school for many children, teens and young adults across the country feels different for a retiree.
It becomes like another day. Seeing pictures of grandchildren going to school is fun and endearing. Bless them.
But for this retiree, I don't know why but it feels like something is missing.
All the hype focused the last several weeks of going to school eliminates a good portion of the population- like me!!
I vaguely remember how it felt to be excited about school. I remember in High School being happy about seeing my classmates again. Then by the third day realized we had 10 months to go.
The extracurricular activities were always important to me. Loved sports.
University brought an awareness of what higher learning could bring. It felt grown up.
Then when my children went to school. Yes the first day of class pictures are in the albums.Cute first day clothes carefully selected.
But today. It felt like something was missing. No need to be anxious or get up early or prepare lunches for the little ones.
Life can be passing us by. So planning my own learning plan. What books to read? What research to finish? What projects to start?
Not school but gives some meaning and purpose to life.
How did you feel today?
#backtoschool#firstdayofschool#differentforretirees#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#rememberinghowitfelttogobacktoschool#howtobehappyatschool

No comments:

Post a Comment