Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, April 30, 2019

BARB'S GENEALOGY TIDBITS-THE OLD FAMILY HOME- 260 WELDRICK ROAD

So I posted a picture of our house at 260 Weldrick in Richmond Hill. Our Park family lived in the house from 1962 to 1976. When Mom and Dad retired out west it was bought by a man who eventually demolished it and built two houses.
                                     ( Photo by Barbara Di Mambro)
   
I put the picture on the Richmond Hill Historical Society and it was reposted to Richmond Hill Now and Then.
Interesting the comments from people who knew us and the area.
For me, I see an old family home. The Station wagon in the driveway. The trailer on the right hand side that we used for camping. The acreage. The country setting that was popular when we moved up to the area in 1962.
So I write lots of intellectual and other stuff. But one family home picture has brought so much response.
They do say- a picture speaks a thousand words.
#familyhome#260WeldrickRoad#RichmondHill#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#ohthememoriesonepicturecanbring#earlyphotographybybarbara#theimagesinthepicturebringmemories#genealogyresearch#familymemories

No comments:

Post a Comment