Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, April 26, 2019

BARB'S GENEALOGY TIDBITS- WHO WAS A.F.REID?

I have lived in my current home in Richmond Hill since 1987. The land was divided and the owner of the full acreage had lived in the area since 1965. The lot behind had been a farm and empty for years. The main intersections are Yonge Street and Major Mackenzie Drive. When I found the Tremaine's Map of the County of York for 1860 I was curious about who A.F. Reid MD was. He owned quite a chunk of land that would encompass modern day May Avenue and Addison Streets in Richmond Hill. So with a little research I have written the following article.





It was interesting to know a little more about the family who lived where I am currently living. My ancestors did not live in the area so genealogy research here has not been necessary. Hope you enjoyed my research.
#richmondhillhistory#afreidandhisstory#presbyterianchurchrichmondhill#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradidmambro#wikitree#gen.com#knowingwholivedintheareawhereyoulivenow#doctorsofthe1800sinOntario#earlyhistoryofrichmondhill#knowyourlocalhistory#funresearchinglocalhistory#genealogyresearch#usinginternetresourcesforgenealogy
Copyright 2019
Barbara Di Mambro

No comments:

Post a Comment