Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, April 22, 2019

EARTH DAY 2019- WHAT CAN WE DO?

No one asked us to use all the plastic that is used every day. Why not make it biodegradable?
Finding ways to use less of it is a challenge.
I have composted for over 4 decades. The organic waste goes in my garden.
I try to recycle as much as I can.
I try to walk more so use the car less. If going downtown, use the subway in Toronto.
I use my dehumidifier water for my outdoor plants. I try not waste water.
Thus I do not water my grass. Ever. If a really dry spell will spot water my plants. Not a overall hosing that wastes water.
I have plants that attract birds and bees and butterflies. I let my garden be a little wild at times.
I use light bulbs of lower voltage. I use natural light as much as possible so not to have lights on during the day.
I put usable stuff on the curb hoping someone will take it and use it. Not so much to the dump.
We have recycling in our area so I recycle as much as possible.
Can I try to do more? You bet. What about you?
#earthday2019#tryingtoreducemyfootprent#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#neverwateryourgrass#don'twastewater#recyclye

No comments:

Post a Comment