Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, April 26, 2019

NANA SAYS IT'S YOUR PRESENCE NOT YOUR PRESENTS THAT MATTER

Spending time with my grandchildren teaches me many things. One is the value of being present. Yes I feed them and give nice presents. Important too.
But your presence with them. Listening. Talking. Playing.
Arriving and having grandchildren run for a hug. Well it melts my heart.
I love them unconditionally and well they seem to love me unconditionally too.
Having a grandson wanting me to sit beside him at his birthday dinner was endearing. Another grandson brought me a chair to the table. No asking, just doing. He just noticed I needed a chair.
For some grandparents who live far away it may be hard but with Face time, instagram, facebook and yes an old fashioned real phone call being present can be had.
So presence not just presents!
#beingpresentwithgrandchildren#presentsaregootoo#reflcetivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#lovinggrandchildrenunconditionally#hugsareendearing#grandchildrenknowhowtomakeananafeelloved#nanasays

No comments:

Post a Comment