Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, April 7, 2019

QUILT SHOWS ARE FUN-YORK REGION GUILD IN NEWMARKET

I promised myself I would try to attend quilt shows this year. So off I went to the Region of York Quilters Guild in Newmarket Ontario today! Entitled the Magic of Quilts!
I browsed the show and even had time to buy some material for a project I am making. I needed colourful backing which I bought from The Cotton Harvest Quilt Shop.
Cotton Harvest Quilt Shop
The ladies were very friendly.
They came all the way from Seaforth Ontario in Huron County.
I had another little chat with the owner of Mill Creek Quilting.She provides Longarm Quilting Services in Newmarket.
Mill Creek Quilting
Other companies were The Quilt Shop in Newmarket, Quiltie Sisters S, Border Creek Station and Sew Little Time.



I became too busy looking and photographing the beautiful quilts displayed by the amazing quilters.



The above were some that have won awards over the years.

The show was divided into bed quilts, lap/crib/cuddle quilts, wall hangings, miniatures and some other quilted items.




As I wandered up and down the aisles of beautiful quilts, I was able to chat with some attendees as we just admired the fine work displayed.





The variety. The colours. The designs. The creativity was everywhere.





I almost left the show until one of the guilders said- you have to visit the large quilt room. So I did.






Not only were there wonderful quilts, but two old colleagues of mine. Judy and Catherine. It turns out Catherine P. belongs to the Guild and was pleased to see the show too. She showed me some of her beautiful work she had done in the last year on her cell phone.
For me it is on my bucket list for 2019 to attend as many quilt shows as possible. If they are local will make it easy for me. So far so good. Glad I went today to see this display of wonderful fabric art by local crafters.
Hands off to the York Region group.
Region of York Quilters Guild
#quilts#regionofyorkquiltersguildshowapril6and7#newmarkethostsaquiltshow#lotsofbeautifulquilts#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#barbaradimambro#somanycoloursanddesignsforthequilts#quiltsarelikelife#millcreekquilting#thecottonharvestquiltshop#sewlittletime#quiltiessisters3barbaraboughtsomematerialforaquilt

No comments:

Post a Comment