Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Friday, December 21, 2018

MEMORIES OF LOVED ONES THROUGH FLOWERS

My mother-in-law loved carnations especially red ones. She died 20 years ago. At Christmas this year, I bought a dozen red carnations with one red rose. It is a memory to her as well as a gesture to my husband. He always misses his mother.
Flowers are an easy way to keep a memory in front of us. Putting the elephant in the room and talking about it.
As a clinical Social Worker, I would encourage my clients to create a memory for their loved one in their grief. Planting a tree is always a favourite one.
A donation to a charity.
But my favourite continues to be some flowers. For the last anniversary of my mother's death I bought the girls and me some little pink tea roses.
How about you? What do you do to create a memory? What do you include in your celebrations for your loved one?
#flowerstorememberalovedone#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#granpalovestocook#flowersonatable#redcarnations#aredrose

No comments:

Post a Comment