Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Thursday, December 20, 2018

SPREADING SOME CHRISTMAS JOY- VISIT A LOVED ONE WHO IS AT HOME

Each year Adolph and I would visit one of his second cousins. He doesn't get out much so I did the visit alone. Seeing someone unwell and in her late 80s made me happy to make the effort. In all our busy times, we can forget a visit with a small food item can make someone's day. This time it was a Panetone and torrone- Italian treats. So how was the visit. We talked about family and caught up on the grandchildren news. A son was present too so some social time for both of them. The social thing is huge. People need people in their lives. Not just at Christmas but throughout the year. I know how much I appreciate a phone call, a letter and now the Christmas cards that are slowly arriving. A newsy but not bragging conversation. Talking about old times and present times. So is there someone in hospital, a nursing home or just home alone in your life?
#homealone#visitastayathomeperson#makethatphonecall#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#granpalovestocook#visitandsocialize

2 comments:

  1. I usually do up a few bags of sweets up for some single or widowed seniors in our church, usually try to put 12-15 sweets in a bag. I know they are alone, so that is the least I can do, with a freezer full of sweets. Why not share them eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes a wonderful gesture. Everything helps to bring joy to others.

    ReplyDelete