Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, December 31, 2018

GRAFFITI ALLEY TORONTO-IS IT ART?

A visit to Graffiti Alley- Queen West in Toronto was an enjoyable visit.My granddaughter had heard about it and wanted to take some pictures.


Laneway behind stores- it is a place where real people live and work. It can be seen by the garbage put out.





There is so much to see and try to differentiate from one mural to another.





Taking time to review each one was difficult in the freezing cold wind.






I am sure this Toronto mural has many pictures with tourists and locals!


This mural is popular for all the good sayings on it. Commissioned probably by the hair salon around the corner!





The colours are so vibrant.



Of course these pictures only depict a portion of all the murals. Cold made the viewers scant. However on a warm day one can envision crowds! The laneways are located in Queen West- a trendy area of the city. Reading the reviews on the area and Graffiti Alley the one notation was the fact it is free! Free to walk around and take pictures or just enjoy the artistry of it all. I would suggest if visiting the area to make sure to visit the shops on Queen Street too. For me a cold winter day with family was a  hurried visit. If I had visitors to the city then it would be a place to take them for pictures and a lunch! The fascinating piece was I had never heard of the place. My granddaughter knew about it from friends I guess. So learning about a new place and seeing something different is always exciting to me. I have another grandchild that might be interested in seeing it too.
How about you? Do you think graffiti is art? Have you ever done graffiti on a place? Do you like to leave your mark? Thoughts!
#grafitialleyintoronto#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#muralsonwalls#queenwestintoronto#torontohashiddenlocations#doyoulikegrafiti#visitinglocationsintoronto#isgraffitiart

No comments:

Post a Comment