Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Sunday, December 2, 2018

DECEMBER- OH THE COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

December brings the realization that if plans and shopping and decorating has not occurred then it is time. Our house is decorated. The tree is up and decorated earlier than usual. Bought an artificial tree last year so easier to get it up. With being the only one to take care of everything, it was a good decision. One less layer of work.
So comes my favourite part. Sitting and doing handwork beside the tree with the lights. It brings me a peaceful feeling.
The cards have been sent and one parcel. Just have one more parcel to send then finished with parcels. Years ago I would 6-7 parcels to send. Now only 2. Still work involved but it is my ebb and flow of Christmas.
I do not put all my Christmas knickknacks out. The little hands could break them so the big stuff they can touch.
When I see all the Christmas things I have accumulated in my marriage, I shake my head and wonder how did it all arrive.
My first married Christmas did not have a tree because we returned home to my parents' place. But the second year had a tree. Two strings of lights and candy canes and some decorations I had bought on sale at boxing day sales.
Two little horses and three drums. Oh the memories! How are your Christmas preparations going?
#christmaspreparations#decorations#lotsofchristmasstuff#layersofwork#reflectivethoughtsbybarbara#parcelstosend#christmascards#presents#lights#peacefulbythechristmastree

No comments:

Post a Comment