Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Monday, March 7, 2016

THE WORK WEEK BEGINS-MONDAY, MONDAY

Mondays are always hard for everyone unless job hunting then there is a jealousy that others have a job and you do not. When I had two lay offs in my career, there were years of going to work on Mondays that I refused to dislike them as I always said to myself " you are lucky to have a job, Barb!" Then one Monday, I said- heh, all these other people are complaining so why do I have to be so cheerful and grateful about Monday? Maybe it is because I am a cheerful and grateful person! Despite it, weekends are better. The down time! Able to have an afternoon siesta! Mondays always feel like there was so much left undone! The promise to keep at stuff each night until fatigue takes over! The best Mondays are vacation Mondays! I do find myself singing the Mamas and the Papas song- Monday, Monday ........ How will your Monday go! For those who are retired, better than most I am sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment