Welcome

Inspiration for this blog came from my cousin Roy. His daily reflections of the events in his life have been thoughtful and interesting. Family, friends, colleagues are welcome to read my blog.



Tuesday, March 8, 2016

INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY IN CANADA 2016

Not sure if a lot will happen in my day today. As I reflect on what it means to be a woman in modern times,  things have changed since my youth. 1975 was the first Women's Day in my conscienceness. For example, working in health care more female doctors are present and in fields now unlike 40 years ago when I started in Social Work. More men are nurses and accepted for being nurses. Education is available to everyone. No more pulling girls out of school in Grade 3 like what happened to my mother-in-law in Italy in the 1930s to help clean the family house. What was her mother doing? Well maybe some countries still deny an education to a girl.  Even when I was dating my husband there were teenage marriages to older men. However in some groups and cultures it is still happening! Hum! Women in some countries still experience death in childbirth due to unsanitary conditions. Babies still die! Education and health are the areas to promote everywhere. Fight against sexual abuse and domestic violence! Improve the playing field for girls and boys! If we raise girls well and have caring women the world will be a better place. The women become wives and mothers and friends and community workers so all will be a lasting legacy. Mothers can raise amazing sons to become amazing men. They can work and live together with their spouses so they be amazing Fathers too. Supporting Women on this special day supports everyone. A good woman loves the men in her life. So men and boys love the girls and women in your lives. Help to make the world a better place for all of us!

SO WHY NOT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment